Thursday, January 22, 2009

Post #1

I am enrolled in a New Testament class here at BYU. I was walking home after class yesterday, periodically taking time to crunch the snow that lines the pathways, feeling a little down on myself. After all, I have been studying religion--more specifically the gospel of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 19 years. So why in the world am I still stunned and amazed by basic principles? I will hear some insight about some topic like faith, and it will be so obviously true, that it makes me wonder why I never thought or heard of it before. Have I just not been listening? Was I just not ready?
Then I realized that it's probably not set up to be learned in 19, 25, 100 years. And frankly, I'm glad about that. If you could master every principle in a mere 19 years, what else would there be to do? It would kind of be boring for the rest of eternity. I am so grateful that we can continuously gain knowledge and learn and progress. And that there is enough knowledge to be gained, there are enough skills to be learned and there is enough progress to be made to last us for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment