Thursday, April 9, 2009

NT. #12

Easter time is such a wonderful time. I have been able to feel the love of my Savior so strongly in the past few days. And in part, this is due to Easter.
My bishop (www.mormon.org) asked the fireside committee, of which I am a part, to put together a musical Easter fireside, on Easter. That means that instead of one speaker, he wanted several musical numbers done by talents in our ward. As we got together to discuss what we wanted to do, we realized how hard this would be.
Everybody goes home for Easter.
Everybody who is not going home is stressed out of their mind.
We decided to go by faith and started praying about who to ask to perform, and what musical numbers we wanted done.
The Lord answers prayers. People just came out of the woodwork, so willing to serve, so willing to help. As I checked on certain groups to see how their musical number was coming together, I was overwhelmed with feelings of gratitude and love for the gospel.
This work will go forth boldly, nobly and independent. And it will be because of the willingness of the Lord's servants. I am so grateful for the people who love the Lord and the gospel so much that they would be willing to sacrifice Easter dinner just to show up. Who would take time out of their busy schedule (for what college student indeed is not busy right now?) to prepare a musical number?
I am so grateful for this Easter season when I get to remember our Savior and the love He taught. The love that carries on in the heart of His servants.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kate!
    Thanks for being such a great student!
    I have absolutely loved reading your blogs! They were always so insightful!
    Kennedy

    ReplyDelete