We watched the movie "Amazing Grace" in my American Government and Societies class last week. Such a good movie. William Wilberforce, the main character, endeavored so hard to complete what he felt like he was called to do.
Our world has seen hard times. Our heritage is besmirched with bleak stains that come in the form of crusades, imperialism, ethnic cleansing. It seems that over and over again, people make the same mistakes over and over and over and over, and it seems that history is to be a repetition of darkness.
And then out of the bleak recesses of history books shines a light. A Gandhi, a Martin Luther King Jr., a William Wilberforce, a Schindler...
And the light shines brighter against the darkness.
Some people are set in the worst of times, and they do so much good; they bring about so much change almost single-handedly.
And sometimes I wonder if I could be such an instrument for change. Could I devote my entire life to a cause? Can I stand for something, even if I'm standing alone at first? And help others catch the vision? Would I be able to die for something?
I just don't know...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment