Monday, March 23, 2009

Am. Gov. #10

My American Government and Societies also attended the Art Museum this week. I was very surprised that we took the tour of the religious section; I suppose I just assumed we would be going through the American Dreams (my second favorite part of the Museum, after the religious section). I am by no means an art critic, nor do I have any qualifications to be one. However I know how art makes me, as and individual, feel. Anyone can look at art in that way.
Anyway, I love the painting of the Savior at the pool of Bethesda. My favorite part of that painting is the man sitting next to the pillar, looking on slightly. I have always imagined that he is eavesdropping, but trying hard not to look like he is. In my mind he is wondering who the Savior is, and also, "will He come see me next?" Hoping without daring to hope that the Savior's next stop will be to him.
To me it is almost a call. Maybe the man was "overlooked" by the Savior, and it is our mission to go be instruments in the hands of the Lord in finding and helping those that the Savior did not get to. It makes me feel like I need to go find those people, sitting by the pool at Bethesda wondering, "Will He come see me next?"
I'm certainly not the Savior, but I can be His servant and do His work.

No comments:

Post a Comment