I think everyone, at some time in their life, has wanted to go back in time. It is already exciting enough to travel to new places in the present day; imagine what it would be like if you could choose any time. Recently, I've been wondering what it would be like to go back in the time of Herod. I would like to see his amphitheaters, stadiums and other construction projects. I would like to talk to people of the time and ask them their opinions about life, religion and philosophy.
Often when I read about history, I always have questions like, "what was this person thinking when..." Then I wish someone had left a record somewhere to answer those questions.
Today, as I was feeling that wishful twinge, it occurred to me that someone down the road of history will probably wish that they had lived in the early twenty-first century, and wish that someone had left a record of our proceedings and what our thoughts are on life, religion and philosophy. I wonder what people in the future will want to know about our day. I wonder what they will think about us. Which little details will they be most interested in? It's all very enthralling to think about anyway, if nothing else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment