Thursday, March 19, 2009

NT #9

I've been struggling the last little while to figure out something to blog about this week, and frankly I still am struggling.
So I think I shall go with a little stream of conscience:
I have had the most trouble this semester than ever before in my life to read my scriptures regularly. I'm not really sure why that is, because it is definitely not the most busy I have ever been before. Sometimes I don't know if I would have read if it weren't for my religion class. This might sound a little trite, but I can really tell a difference when I don't read my scriptures. In a way, I'm kind of glad I've had this experience. I used to kind of be jealous of the kids who would get up to bear their testimony and they would say how much they loved seminary, and how their day just doesn't go as well when they don't attend.
I never understood how they could feel the difference.
But I realize now that it's probably not going to kill me to miss reading the scriptures once. But as my scripture reading becomes more hit and miss, I can really tell the difference that a little act can make.
So a few weeks ago I decided to recommit to reading my scriptures. I changed the time I read from right before I go to bed to the mornings on Tuesday and Thursday, or after my 10 o'clock class Monday-Wednesday-Friday.
I do believe this is working for me, and I really have been able to tell a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment