Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Am. Gov. #5

What brilliance the drafters of our Constitution had! They did the impossible: secured state rights while constructing a strong national government. They produced federalism.
And the anti-federalists! Because of their protests, we have the Bill of Rights. That is also a wonderful document, in my mind. Because of it, I can meet with whomever I want. I can attend church where and when and with whomever I want. I can say what I want to say. I have the freedom to put onto this blog whatever I feel like putting on it.
I think the Constitution--complete with the Bill of Rights--is a brilliant document.
Last year I took an American Government class for my high school. I'm sure many high schools did this, but we each got our own copy of the Constitution, and we got to highlight sections, and make notes in the margin. I still have mine and I was looking through it recently. And I just think it is so great that a girl from a small town in the middle of nowhere can have access to her own personal Constitution of the United States. Anyone can read it, anyone can have a copy of it! It's right next to me, as I type, and there it is! The framework for the government of the United States of America.
I just think that's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment